How to get a Mustek 600 CP scanner working in Ubuntu

I have an old scanner Lifetek that I bought years ago at the Aldi market. It is an old scanner I know, but I do not need some spectacular job, just sometimes a simple scanning job. The scanner does not work over USB, as I said it's a 'grand fa'. I faced the problem to get it working in Ubuntu under 'sane'. After some research I came to know that Lifetek is a sub brand that Mustek made for Aldi.

With the following i was able to shake it alive:


       
1. Edit /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf, by uncommenting the right line:
#
# Uncomment/customize to your needs ... mine was the first one
#
# scanner Mustek-600CP 0�378 cis600
#scanner Mustek-1200CP 0�378 cis1200
# scanner Mustek-1200CP+ 0�378 cis1200+
# scanner Mustek-600-IIIEP 0�378 ccd300
#

2. Edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf by uncommenting mustek_pp:
mustek
#mustek_pp --- THIS LINE FOR NO USB SCANNER
mustek_usb

3. Save the following script as /etc/init.d/mustek:
#!/bin/bash
chmod 777 /dev/lp0 # Does it hurt?
chmod 777 /dev/parport0
exit

4. Execute the following commands:
sudo chmod a+x /etc/init.d/mustek
sudo update-rc.d mustek defaults

       
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Killing orphans and zombies

ZAMP a windows portable LAMP webserver

XPDF Segmentation fault (core dumped) SOLVED